Landscape photographers have a hard task. It’s not just about waiting for the perfect shot. You can photograph a beautiful scene a few times a day, but if the moment and the weather are not right, then the shot won’t be worth the wait.
So, what I am trying to say is that you always need to be ready. Even for those borderline situations, hopefully you have a great set of lenses on your Canon so you can get the most out of every moment.
As a beautiful sunrise in the morning can be a great start for a stressful day, but the sunset is the best time to go out with your camera and create something amazing.
In our opinion the 12 best Canon lenses suitable for landscape photography are:
Canon 16-35mm f/2.8 .
Canon 24-70mm f/2.8 .
Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 .
Canon 24mm f/1.4 .
Canon 35mm f/1.4 .
Canon 50mm f/1.2 .
Canon 135mm f/2.0 .
Canon 16-35mm f/4.0 .
Canon 24-70mm f/4.0 .
Canon 24-105mm f/4.0.
|Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS III USM Lens||Best Overall|
|Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM Lens||Budget Pick|
|Canon EF 11-24mm f/4L USM Lens||Upgrade Pick|
1. Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS III USM Lens
- Available in different sizes
- The white lens makes it easily recognizable in a mass of
- The fixed lens hood keeps stray light from getting into the lens
- Incredible sharpness reaches all the way from its wide aperture to its long focal length
- Features an upgraded image stabilization system
- It can focus down to 1.25 ft
If you want incredible image quality and razor sharp images even in low light, the Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS III USM lens is it.
This dust and moisture resistant lens has a very fast and constant f/2.8 aperture of the zoom, while the image stabilization works with accelerometers and gyroscopic sensors.
Designed for nature and wildlife photographers, it has a fast and constant f/2.8 aperture throughout the zoom. It is a solid choice for the perfect travel lens for both nature and wildlife photographers.
2. Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Full Frame Digital SLR Camera Body
@@ Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III USM Lens Out of Stock
@@ Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM Out of Stock
@@ Canon EF 24-70mm f/4.0L IS USM Out of Stock
3. Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM Standard Zoom Lens
- Extremely affordable for professionals
- Built like a tank
- Excellent image quality
- A true workhorse of a lens
Despite the heavy weight and size, the Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM Standard Zoom Lens is a favorite among professional photographers.
The lens can produce some really amazing shots in a wide variety of environments – from landscape photography to shooting with professional athletes during an intense game.
The lens is relatively compact and it's very sharp and easy to handle. You'll also appreciate the wide range of zooming options, giving you control over the composition of your subject.
4. Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM Lens
- Very Affordable
- 4-stops of image stabilization
- Perfect for portraits
- For both full frame and crop sensor bodies
- May not be sharp enough for some photographers
- Prone to flare
- Some authorities recommend UV filters be used
- Not as sharp as prime lenses
The EF 24-105 mm f/4 L IS USM lens for Canon is one of the most popular lenses of all time. It is a great all-purpose lens if you don’t need to shoot extreme wide angle or close up. It is well-suited for portrait, event, and casual photography as well as landscape photography if you need a good walk around lens.
This lens is designed with three aspheric and one super UD lens element to correct the optical flaws in digital SLR camera bodies and provide sharp images.
The auto focus is internal and fast. This lens comes with a zoom lock switch. It will focus from infinity to the minimum focus distance in about a quarter turn. It extends about a third of an inch from the lens mount when focused at the minimum distance.
5. Canon EF 16–35mm f/2.8L III USM Lens
- Versatile Ultra Wide Angle Lens for Wide Range of Fields
- Super sharp
- Smooth and Fluent Operation
- Precise Auto Focus
- Smooth Bokeh
- Great Color Contrast, Contrasty & Bright Image
- Affordable Price
- Reliable & Durable
- Slide Zoom Option is quite annoying
- Quite heavy
What is the Canon EF 16–35mm f/2.8L III USM Lens? A spectacular view to capture that is what this lens is for. It offers you a wide range of fields to capture from the ultra-wide angle of view.
With a focal range of 16mm to 35mm, it allows you to shoot a variety of scenes, be it landscapes, architecture, cityscapes, and interiors. F/2.8 aperture lens offers enough illumination and depth of field. This lens is suitable for filmmakers on a limited budget because of the stunning nature of the images captured in this lens.
The integrated image stabilization will ensure sharp, clear images to be captured even at low-light conditions. It's a great lens kit for portrait photography due to its narrow depth-of-field.
6. Canon EOS Rebel SL2 DSLR Camera
- Easy to Use
- Takes Excellent Photos
- Compatible With Canon EF/EF-S Lenses
- Includes Case And Battery
- Pressure Sensitive Touch Screen
- Ease Of Use Makes It Beginner Friendly, Not 100% Durable
- Screen May Pop Out When Dropped
- Menu System Not The Simplest
- Not The Best For Sports Photography
This Canon DSLR camera is a great option for beginner photographers who are just beginning to get serious with their photography. It boasts a 24.2 megapixel sensor, an optical viewfinder, and a tilting 3 inches touch screen.
7. Canon Full Frame Mirrorless Camera
- Video Performance
- Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC
- Fast Auto Focus
- Compact Design
- Electronic Viewfinder
- Fast And Precise Auto Focus
- Tilted Touchscreen
- Disappointing image quality
- Awful JPEG compression
- No Canon lenses yet
- No Built-in Image Stabilization
- Not For Landscape Photography
Canon has just announced their new full-frame mirrorless EOS R camera with a new RF lens mount.
Here are 12 of the best lenses for Canon EOS R Mirrorless camera.
8. Canon EOS 6D Mark II Digital SLR Camera Body
- Wi-Fi enabled
- Beautifully designed APS-C sized sensor
- Great low light performance
- Continuous shooting at 5fps
- Built-in Wi-Fi
- Two Compact Flash card slots
- Compact design weighs only 17.6 ounces
- No 4K video
- Low battery life
- ISO settings are limited
- ‗ 24.2 Megapixel – 1080p Video with Standard – Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II Lens
The Canon EOS 6D Mark II improves upon the previous version in almost every way. The upgraded features include built-in Wi-Fi and NFC (Near-Field Communication), a higher-resolution 24.2 megapixel CMOS sensor, a 45-point all cross-type AF system, and more.
The EOS 6D Mark II was designed for photo enthusiasts and professionals who want to optimize their images and videos, whether they’re shooting stills, movies, or a combination of the two.
9. Canon EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM Wide Angle Lens
- Comes in three colors
- Super sharp wide-angle lens
- Fast autofocus speeds
- Bright f/1.4 aperture
- Rugged ergonomic build
- No image stabilization
- Heavier than the Canon 24mm L f/2.8
- Can be pricey
The Canon EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM lens is an excellent choice for full-frame Canon DSLRs such as the 5D Mark II, 7D, 6D and Nikon D810, D800, D750 and Sony A7 and A7R and Alpha 7 series cameras. It can also be used on APS-C cameras like the Canon Rebel SL1.
This wide-angle lens delivers excellent sharpness from corner-to-corner. It has a fast f/1.4 maximum aperture that will work in low light to provide beautifully blurred backgrounds.
The image stabilization image cannot be used for video recording however.
10. Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 Image Stabilization USM Lens
- Weather sealing
- Internal USM motor for low-noise and precise focusing
- Great for parties and events to capture your memories
- Very good image quality across the frame for a wide-aperture walkaround lens
- Quick and accurate autofocus for responsive shooting
- Lightweight and portable for ease of carrying
- A bit soft in the corners at f/3.5
- Slow to focus in low light
- Some distortion and chromatic aberration
- Mediocre build quality
This is the best all-around lens for Canon APS-C bodies, and it's really easy to capture shots that you love with this lens.
This lens features a range that is good with most outdoor conditions, and will let you capture nature such as sunsets very well. Shooting in low light is better than average, but the lens won't perform exceptionally well in those conditions.
This lens is a great choice for photographers such as this author, who use their telephoto zoom for both vacations and family outings. It is lightweight and portable enough to travel with.
11. Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM Lens
- Designed for use on Canon DSLRs
- Zoomed lens perfect for outdoor photography
- Wide aperture useful for low light
- Extra wide and heavy
12. Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM SLR Lens
If you decide to go wide angle right away, you may not need to spend money on a pricey zoom.
You could buy a relatively inexpensive wide angle lens. A prime wide angle lens has a more distinctive distortion. Distortion is not something you want if you’re shooting portraits. But photographers like it for certain types of landscapes, such as cityscapes, because the distortion causes buildings and other objects in the picture to appear to lean inwards towards the center of the frame.
A wide angle lens allows to shoot in tight spaces. You don’t have to squeeze into a corner or against a wall to get as close for a shot as you like. You can step back and get a more inclusive shot of the room.
13. Canon Digital SLR Camera Body
- Includes Lens
- Works on all Canon SLR cameras
The Canon T6s is the latest iteration of the T-series cameras, which has been around for a long time and produced some great results.
One of the key features of the T6s is its ability to shoot video at 4K resolution, which will provide you with an ultra-high-definition moving image, indistinguishable from your still photos. However, remember that 4K video needs a lot of storage, and you get only 32 free minutes with the 8 GB memory card that comes with the 16 GB camera.
The Canon 80D uses its touchscreen display to make it easy to navigate through various settings, which means it’s useful even for amateur photographers. It has some interesting special modes, such as the Dual Pixel CMOS AF, which allows you to adjust your focus on the fly using the touchscreen.
14. Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 Art DC HSM Lens
- Ultra-fast maximum aperture of f/1.8
- Excellent optical performance
- Quick, quiet autofocus
- Excellent build quality
- Stepless and smooth manual focus
- Competitive price
- Full frame compatible
- Excellent subject separation
- Heavy and large
- Flimsy lens hood
- Bundled lens cap
- Limited to 168º vertical angle of view
- No corners are sharp wide open
The Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 Art DC HSM Lens for Canon EF Mount is a stunningly sharp, fast, and light lens well suited to a broad range of photography subjects and it comes at a bargain price. It delivers spectacular images, even wide open, and it produces creamy smooth bokeh.
When you factor in the beautiful focal point experience and full-frame compatibility, it’s an easy decision to make.
All in all, the Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 Art DC HSM Lens is a must-have addition to your camera bag.
15. Canon EOS 60D 18 MP CMOS Digital SLR Camera Body Only
- 18.0MP APS-C sized CMOS sensor
- Excellent battery life
- Versatile shooting style and canon lenses
- 8.0 fps continuous shooting
- Movie Servo AF (Movie autofocus)
- 3.0 inch LCD screen
- Intelligent Viewfinder II
- Manual exposure (M)
- Full HD 60 fps
- EOS Integrated Cleaning System
There are several different Canon Lenses for every ability level, and they have always been a leader when it comes to trying hybrid lenses. Canon would be the best provider for interchangeable lenses for photographers without a doubt.
If you want a DSLR, then this one is a no-brainer. With a huge price point and huge features, you can’t go wrong.
16. Canon EOS 70D Digital SLR Camera
- Perfect for novice-level photographers
- DSLR Camera Body Only
- Special, reduced price holiday shopping period: Dec. 21 Holiday Shopping Marathon (2015)
Only 16.9 megapixels and interchangeable lens capability (2020)
I really love this camera as it's perfect for beginners (such as myself) and have a number of advantages over other similar priced entry level DSLR's.
One of my favorite features are the in-camera star effect. Quite often I find myself taking photos in a dark area and never realize the full potential until I see the photo on my computer. You can adjust the level of the star effect that is made in-camera and I find it a really unique feature that I've only seen in this camera.
17. Canon EOS 7D Mark II Digital SLR Camera
- Upgrade to full HD video (1080p) at 30 fps
- 8.0 frame per second burst mode fast enough for sports
- Improved rugged weather sealing
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF Feature
- 19 cross-type AF points
If you want to take your photography to the next level and make more money, then you need to be looking at my lenses recommendations. These lenses will extend your creativity and help you get to a new level of photography pass what you can do with your smartphone. The Canon 7D II is the latest and greatest in Canon's lineup.
18. Canon EF 11-24mm f/4L USM Lens
- Excellent image quality
- Solid build quality
- Fast focusing
- Built-in image stabilization
- Great for landscape photography
- Ideal for professional and amateur photographers alike
- Cost-effective given its outstanding performance
- Ideal for panoramic shots
- Slow aperture of f/4 means low light performance may not be ideal
- Short focal length means need for longer lens and/or focal plane
The Canon EF 11-24mm f/4L USM lens is the first in its class to offer both high-quality image and cost-effective price point.
This is one lens you won’t want to miss out on. The ultra-wide zoom range makes it excellent for landscape photography.
It’s a great option not only for professional and amateur photographers, but budding hobbyists as well. Even though this is one of the most expensive lenses on the list, it’s worth the cost.
19. Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II Ultra Wide Tilt-Shift Lens
- Excellent build-quality
- Firmware upgraded for improved performance
- Available at wide aperture
- No stabilization in the lens
In the outskirts of Paris is a farm that looks straight out of a fairy tale.
It was supposed to be a regular day, but the wandering French skies decided to play along, sprinkling me with rainbows.
The TS-E 24mm from Canon is one of these lenses that will allow you to play in the world of multiple dimensions. The tilt shift functionality allows you to control perspective as well as the depth of field.
20. Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM Ultra-Wide Zoom Lens
- Lightweight and very compact
- Extremely close to the subject
- Built-in lens hood
- Lithium batteries included
- High quality image stabilization
- Usable in low light due to its wide aperture
- Circular fisheye image distortion
- Great reviewers
- Reasonably priced
- A real workhorse lens
Last time we reviewed fisheye photography lenses we came up with a list of 10 top rated Canon fisheye lenses for Canon EOS cameras. The reason was the release of the Canon 8-15mm Ultra-wide zoom lens.
This new lens is a direct competitor to the Panasonic 7-14mm fisheye zoom. Both, the Canon and the Panasonic fisheye lenses have their pros and cons.
The power of this lens is extreme. With a field of view of 180 – 202 (diagonal), it is a perfect lens for capturing the big picture. Due to the wide angle, you can shoot vertigo from below or use it to capture your landscape with a huge impact.
21. Canon DSLR Camera
- Great camera for beginners
- Comes with a versatile zoom lens
- Compact size
- Full frame sensor
- Great battery life
- Clear Carl Zeiss optics
- Extra lenses will cost you
- Lot of manual controls that may lead to frustration
The Canon EOS series of DSLR cameras have been around for a while, and with good reason. They are great for just about anything, and is a good gateway into the world of DSLR photography if you have never owned one before.
The EOS 90D has a 24.2-megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor made by Canon, and it's capable of recording 4K video. Along with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth built-in so you can connect it to your tablet or smartphone. The Rebel series is for the budget-conscious photography enthusiast. The EOS Rebel XT is still a great camera. When you consider that the lens is free, it's a great deal.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Which Canon lens is best for landscape photography?
This article will cover the best lenses for landscape photography, and it will also show you how to use them. For landscape photography, the absolute best lens is the Canon EF 11-24mm f/4L, as it has a huge focal range from extremely wide 24mm up to super-wide 11mm all while offering high quality.
It is an expensive lens, but because it doesn’t have any particular flaws in its image quality, it is worth the price if you can afford it. If you are looking for a Nikon landscape photography lens recommendation it would be the Nikon 14-24mm f/2.8G.
These two lenses are the only lenses you really need for Canon landscape photography, as they cover the widest to most telephoto range.
What size lens is best for landscape photography?
It depends on the focal length and the subject. The larger the lens, the wider your angles of view will be. For example, a lens with a focal length of 45mm will give you a wider view than one with a focal length of 85mm.
So if you’re looking to capture a landscape shot in fine detail, then you might want a telephoto lens, like the 100mm f2.8. And it’s also nice to have a wider view that can incorporate the whole scene, like the 20mm f2.8.
What is the best wide angle lens for landscape photography?
A wide angle lens is a good choice for landscape photography. It complements the telephoto, allowing a photographer to pursue that wide perspective from far away as well as a zoomed in tight shot of a particular part of the landscape. Fast 50mm and wider lenses are considered perfect for landscape shots.
The 18-35mm lens is one of the best landscape lenses at near wide angles in terms of an affordable range, although it’s not the best choice from a wide shot perspective. As an all-in-one, versatile lens, the Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 covers a wide range, and it delivers excellent sharpness. Also, for many photographers the Canon 17-40mm lens is still the best in its class due to its zoom range in a more compact package than the Tokina.
Best Canon Landscape Lenses 2021 is a one stop solution for all your needs. After all, you always want to buy the best, and not go wrong.
This 12 part article is a guide that is built on reviewing some of the best landscape lenses available in the market. They are specially chosen and reviewed by industry experts.
|Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS III USM Lens||Best Overall|
|Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM Lens||Budget Pick|
|Canon EF 11-24mm f/4L USM Lens||Upgrade Pick|