Some people like hunting. There is nothing like a good hunting trip for adrenaline junkies. If you are into wildlife watching and photography you should definitely consider buying a trail camera that can keep an eye on your surroundings.
Trail cameras are small, weatherproof devices that record wildlife activity within its range or view for you.
And best of all, if you are a beginner trail cam can easily be set up by anyone.
We have compiled a list of the best solar powered trail cameras from the most popular brands for your convenience.
Choose the best one that suits you from the below list:
|TOGUARD Trail Camera Solar Panel DC 5V/6V/9V/12V 2500mAh Solar Power Bank IP54 Waterproof||Best Overall|
|CREATIVE XP Trail Camera Solar Panel Kit||Budget Pick|
|CREATIVE XP 3G Cellular Trail Cameras||Upgrade Pick|
1. TOGUARD Trail Camera Solar Panel DC 5V/6V/9V/12V 2500mAh Solar Power Bank IP54 Waterproof
- Dual-power mode for solar charging or DC charging
- Faster charging speed than most solar powered trail cameras
- Can be used as a power bank for other USB powered devices
- May not work well if shooting in shaded areas
- It is one of the more expensive solar powered trail cameras out there.
A solar powered trail camera is the perfect solution for those who want to take advantage of using the trail cameras but are worried about the costs of running through the batteries. Some people may overlook the unique benefits of the solar powered camera and some people may want to buy it dependent on the situation. Most people will be well advised to consider their situation before buying this trail camera.
The solar powered trail camera has a good number of benefits. First, it is environmentally friendly. The solar power is an environmentally friendly power source for any device that will use an electrical power source. Secondly, this trail camera saves the cost of having to buy the batteries. Because you do not need to buy your batteries this device saves you the extra cost of buying your batteries for your trail camera.
2. Campark Trail Camera Solar Panel DC 6V/3000mAh Solar Power Bank Portable Charger IP56 Waterproof
- Uses solar power; no batteries required
- Holds a charge for months
- Includes a 12-month warranty
- Outstanding review rating
- Pricier than other solar-powered trail cams
- Takes a few days to charge
The Campark solar powered trail camera is one of the most powerful solar powered trail camera chargers on the market. Keeping your trail camera powered up throughout the day and even on cloudy days is no problem for this high quality solar powered trail camera battery.
It’s worth noting that this solar powered trail camera battery doesn’t have a fast-charge feature, so you may need to leave it out in the sun for a few days to get a full charge. However, there’s no denying this is a great option for keeping your trail camera powered up even in the winter months.
If modern digital technology is not really your thing and you need a trail camera that takes film, we really like the Browning Strike Force Sub Micro Game Camera which is environmentally friendly, practically bulletproof, and effortlessly easy to use.
3. TOGUARD Upgraded Trail Camera WiFi Bluetooth 20MP 1296P Hunting Game Camera
- Affordable trail camera
- Reliable product
- Easy to spotlights animals at night
- Excellent battery life
- Easy to mount and can be concealed in other types of things
- Very durable and reliable, no need to change battery frequently
- Poor video shooting quality
- Not good for nighttime
- Its build quality is not that great
- The camera is not weatherproof
- Some assembly is required and the instructions are very restricted
How toGuard Trail Camera offers great performance, long battery life, and innovative features, while being affordable. It’s designed for the outdoor hunting and surveillance world with a 120° wide-angle lens, it is an excellent device for surveillance and scouting any outdoor activities, weather-proof body and wireless connectivity to the smartphone, and you can easily set it up via the free app
Bluetooth First Camera allows you to view and control the camera from your smartphones and tablets, and email and share photos instantly.
4. CREATIVE XP Trail Camera Solar Panel Kit
If you are looking for a solar panel to power your trail cam, this is the one you should get. It’s a great value and a high quality panel. The battery has enough power to charge the batteries on the most powerful trail cams. If you have a basic camera with average battery life, it should be sufficient to charge it fully, but if you have a camera that jams frequently, you’ll need to charge it within a few days of leaving the solar panel attached to your camera.
It charge batteries extremely quickly.
5. CREATIVE XP 3G Cellular Trail Cameras
- Rugged and waterproof
- Full HD image quality
- Automatic push alerts and cloud storage
- Multiple mounting options
- LED flash
- Condensed manual
- Mobile app available
- 1 year factory warranty
- Lack of BONUS small game module
- No live view on mobile app
- Ongoing video storage fees (if you don’t upgrade to a 1-year or lifetime plan)
The CREATIVE XP 3G is an entirely different kind of wireless trail camera.
Thanks to Cellular Trail Cameras technology, it will send you images and videos while at the same time alert you to movement in real time via text messages and email alerts. You can also view and download content from any electronic device, fully remotely as long as your phone has Internet access.
This cell trail camera is the only wireless trail camera equipped with a SIM card and allows you to send images to any number you choose. And you don’t have to be a tech expert in cellular trail camera to use it. The Setup Wizard is ready to go with everything you need to start enjoying your CREATIVE XP 3G GPS trail camera.
6. Bushnell Trophy Cam Trail Camera
This is bushnell’s best selling infrared hunting camera. This sleek and rugged cam comes with pre-trigger speed detection, a quick 0.3-second trigger time and a 20-second video capture to get images of the game as they take off.
These durable trophy cams are widely customizable features allow you to set each one to your specific needs.
Its 5-photos-per-second shooting speed, 32MB image extended memory, full HD activity videos and 12 hours of working time at night.
7. Bushnell Trail Cam Accessories 119656C Trophy Cam HD Brown SolAR Panel Clam
- Great value for money
- Creates a nice observation post
- Useful for security reasons
If you can spend a bit more money to get a little more bang for your buck, then you should seriously consider the Bushnell 119656C Trophy Cam HD Brown SolAR Panel Clam. This solar panel eliminates the need to replace batteries, while a slim design and camouflage add to its stealthy design.
The solar panel is discreet and mounts easily. It also helps to keep the box out of sight so you can keep tabs on your property without worrying about it being spotted.
This camera’s video quality is really good as well. The quality easily rivals that of the Bushnell Trophy Cam HD Collection 2.
8. ECO LLC Hunting Trail Camera
- Designed for both outdoor and indoor use
- Available at 16, 12, 8 and 5 mega pixels
- Full night vision capabilities
- Excellent customer support
- Low-light and nighttime modes
- This camera is waterproof and weather resistant
- Motion sensing technology
- Includes 7 day long energy efficiency mode
- You may need to buy your own SD card for this camera
- There is no way of knowing if this camera is truly solar powered
From what we could discover, the ECO 14mp camera is built to to withstand the elements and the rugged terrain of being a trail camera. It's worth noting the variety of